Anvers 2 | Eau de Toilette
Sensual and warm, anvers 2 combines masculine notes, like blond woods, musk and amber with florals such as mimosa and rose — a concept of opposition that successfully works for its predecessor, anvers.
The inspiration for anvers 2 was a photograph of Belgian art dealer Roger Szmulewicz — the face of anvers — which showed Szmulewicz dressed in a formal coat and sneakers in a forest setting.
Ulrich Lang loved the image, which he describes as “casual, soft and woody,” so much that he created a scent based on it, the provocative, floral-Oriental anvers 2.
Anvers 2 was photographed by Katy Grannan. Grannan’s photographs are included in the collections of the Whitney Museum of American Art, he Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim Museum, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, among others.
- Top Notes : Bergamot, Lime, Lemon, Black Pepper, Rhubarb, Cypress
- Middle Notes : Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Lily, Mimosa, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Base Notes : Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Amber, Musk, Olibanum, Oakmoss
- Created : 2007
- Perfumer : Roger Szmulewicz
- Olfactive Group : Woody & Aromatic
- Style : Masculine